Tracking kilometres, steps, miles and durations
After you’ve enabled fitness apps for your event, you’ll likely want to tell your fundraisers how to connect up their preferred app to start tracking their data. We’ve put together some copy you can use to help them get started! Feel free to edit as you need to.
Please do not link directly to this article - please create a page on your own site if linking from an EDM or add as an FAQ.
Copy to add to your FAQs and EDMs:
Your profile page includes your personal distance tally so you can track your distance towards your target. This is a great way to keep your friends updated on your workouts!
If you track your workouts with Fitbit, MapMyFitness or Strava your distances will automatically add to your tally.
Follow these steps to track your KMs automatically:
2. Log in to your [charity or event name] account.
3. Under the heading ‘Connect your preferred Fitness app’, click your chosen app.
4. Follow the prompts to connect your account
5. When you next work out, select ‘start your workout’ in the app on your phone. Once you end your workout, save your workout and your distance will be published to the tally on your page the following day.
If you have synced your app already but it is not working, please log in and re-connect it.
When using Fitbit, you must ‘start’ an activity and save it. Your daily steps will not automatically add to your page. If you are having issues, try syncing through BOTH your Fitbit and the Fitbit app on your smartphone.
When using MapMyFitness, you must ‘start’ your workout, ‘stop’ your workout and then ‘SAVE’ your workout.
Your tally will be updated each day with the previous day’s distances.
Remember, you can manually add your kilometres to the tally in your My Fitness Activity tab of your profile after registering. This is a great option if you’re using a pedometer or a different method of tracking your distances.
Follow these steps to manually add your KMs:
1. Log in to your account and select ‘My Fitness Activity’
2. Under ‘Add activity’, enter the date and distance
3. The number of KMs will now appear on your fundraising page!
If you’d like further help please pop in a support ticket from your Funraisin admin and our team will assist you.