The 'Get Support' section of a fundraiser's dashboard provides them with options to share their page for support using templated emails, social sharing, and a QR code.
The Get Support section of a fundraisers dashboard provides them options to email their contacts for support as well as thank donors, using Fundraiser Emails.
These emails are pre-written by the charity, but can be edited and customised by the fundraiser and then sent to their contacts.
In addition, entrants can share their page using the social icons, or share/print their QR code which points to their fundraising page.
This support article will cover:
Sending Fundraiser Emails from the dashboard
For your fundraisers to send these emails they can navigate to their logged-in dashboard, where they can select Get support. Here they will have the option to Email your contacts.
They can choose a templated email from the Choose a pre-written email drop down which can be edited, or write their own email entirely.
Adding and choosing contacts
Fundraisers can send an email to multiple people at a time by entering their email into the email address box and separating with a comma. Once a contact has been emailed, they will appear in the list of My Contacts so they can be contacted again.
Alternatively, they can click on Add From My Contacts for more options on who to email.
A popup will open where they can see all their current contacts and donors. Additional contacts can be imported by clicking Import Contacts and uploading a CSV. The CSV simply needs to be a list of emails.
All contacts can then be filtered to either:
- All My Contacts (A-Z) - these are the contacts the fundraiser has added/imported
- All Donors - these are their donors
Each can list can then be filtered further using the dropdown:
- Haven't donated to this event
- I have not emailed yet
- Aren't fundraising in this event
Once sent, emails will be listed in the View Sent Emails tab, and contacts will be listed in the My Contacts tab.
Creating Platform Level Emails
These will be available across all your events.
Navigate to the fundraiser emails by going to:
Platform Setup > Fundraiser Emails.
Here you’ll notice there are already four emails created that can be edited.
Create New Email and give it a name. Naming them based on the area they’re listed in is a good indication of where the email will be used. For example: Get Support - Individuals clearly indicates that the email is for individuals and the area it appears in. (The Get Support tab within individuals logged in dashboard.)
Add an email address subject line, which will pre-populate the subject line that will appear in the email.
Choose the appropriate Available In to add where the emails should be listed. This is further explained below.
Draft your email body, using the relevant personalisation tags. These will allow for details to populate the email. For example: can be used to populate the member's first name. (Person sending the email)
You can find out more information about personalisation tags here: https://support.funraisin.co/blog/personalisation-tags
If you would like event-specific fundraiser emails, then these can be created at the event level.
Creating Event Level Emails
These are specific to the event and will override any created at platform level with the same Available In setting.
Navigate to the event fundraiser emails:
Events > Event(event name) > Advanced options > Fundraising Emails.
For the next steps, you can repeat steps 2 & 5 (Platform events)
Top tip: Event Fundraising emails are specific to the particular event and will override the platform fundraiser emails. These will only be available through the particular event.
Fundraiser Emails Settings
It’s useful to know that you can set up fundraiser emails in different areas on the website divided into the Members, Team and Organisation areas. When creating a fundraiser email you have to specific from a drop-down where it will be Available in.
- Members Area: Emails will sit under the Get Support tab within the individual's dashboard. These emails can be sent in bulk to uploaded contacts or donors.
- Members Sponsor Area: Emails will be available to send to individual sponsors of the individual by clicking the Send thanks button on the donation tile, found in My Donations.
- Team Sponsors: Emails will be available to send to individual sponsors of the team by clicking the Send thanks button on the donation tile, found in Team Donations.
- Team Management Area: Emails will sit under the Get Support tab within the team dashboard, accessible by the captain. These emails can be sent in bulk to uploaded contacts or donors.
- Organisation Sponsors: Emails will be available to send to individual sponsors of the organisation by clicking the Send thanks button on the donation tile.
- Organisation Management Area: Emails will sit under the Get Support tab within the organisation dashboard, accessible by the captain. These emails can be sent in bulk to uploaded contacts or donors.
Social Share and QR Code
Also within the Get Support area is the ability to share on social or share a QR code.
Default social share copy can be created at platform level or event level. More information on setting this up is in this support article.
The QR code will open up as an image that can be shared or printed out. This QR will point to the fundraisers page.