Navigation on your site can be added at a platform or event level, or both. The event level navigation is used to customise the nav for an event. The platform level navigation is the default navigation which will show for every event, unless overridden. Read below to see how to set both up.
Understanding the site navigation
Default site navigation (that applies to every event, unless overriden) is under Platform Setup > Site Navigation
You will see four navigation options (Primary, Tertiary, Sticky and Secondary Nav). You can select the layout of the navigation in Navigation Layout:
The navigation layout you select will be the same for every event. However, it is not mandatory to use the Tertiary, Sticky or Secondary navs.
Examples of the different navs are used can be seen here:
Primary nav only:
Primary and secondary nav:
Primary, secondary and tertiary nav:
The sticky nav is used to add a navigation which will always be visible at the top of the page, even when the user scrolls up and down.
Setup your default navigation
The default navigation is that which will show on every event, unless you add a custom nav. Add this under Platform Setup > Site Navigation.
Decide which navigation you want to use (Primary, Tertiary, Sticky, Secondary) and select it. If you aren’t sure, the most common is the Primary nav, which puts the logo on the same level as your menu.
You will see:
- Options for Desktop / Mobile
- The navigation layout you have selected (if you haven’t selected one, the default will be showing)
- An option to add a new navigation option
To add a new option to your nav, fill in the following information below New Nav Option:
- Label is how the option will display
- URL is the page URL or you can link directly to the page below
- Select if you want the page to open in the same window or a new one
- Style is where you can select how the option should display e.g. as text or a button
- Alignment will allow you to left, right or centre align the option
- Identifier is where you can add an ID if you are using custom code
- Class is where you can add a class for custom code
If you want to show a SubNav, tick ‘Display a Subnav’ and then fill in the options below:
- SubNav Type: choose between a Standard Dropdown or Mega Nav. A Mega Nav allows you to add buttons and images in the nav bar:
- Subnav Source: select Manually Created
If you want to have the same menu on mobile, make sure that Apply to Mobile is ticked for each item you add.
If you want to have a different nav for mobile view, scroll up and select the Mobile tab and then enter your Nav options.
If you’d like further help please pop in a support ticket from your Funraisin admin and our team will assist you.